Our role as Maths Ambassadors:
- To share a love of maths in school
- To raise the profile of maths in school
- To celebrate achievements in maths
- To lead activities relating to maths
- To introduce competitions and new ideas
- To give the pupils in school a voice and help them share their ideas
- To support others in school with maths
Maths Curriculum Statement
'A high-quality mathematics education provides a foundation for understanding the world, the ability to reason mathematically, an appreciation of the beauty and power of mathematics, and a sense of enjoyment and curiosity about the subject.' (National Curriculum 2014)
Maths in EYFS
In Foundation Stage, a lot of maths learning is through play. The children explore in a mathematical way and develop their language of maths through daily activities, role play and focused tasks in all areas of provision around the classroom and outdoor area.
Maths in Key Stage 1
In KS1, the children explore mathematical concepts using practical equipment and pictorial representations to support their thinking and conceptual understanding.
Maths in Key Stage 2
In KS2, the children are continuing to develop their conceptual as well as procedural understanding. Through practical activities and games the children are required to make decisions, work collaboratively and explain their reasoning.